[NCUC E-team] memory shortage

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Nov 4 12:31:50 CET 2013

On Nov 04 05:54, Joly MacFie (joly at punkcast.com) wrote:

> I don't know if this might prove useful
>
> http://www.jackreichert.com/2013/11/03/newbies-how-to-optimize-apache/

Interesting, thanks. However, it mostly agrees with how I'd already
configured Apache, only suggesting adjusting MaxClients a little;
I did that, but I doubt it'll help much, as most of the memory is
gobbled by MySql (= mostly by WordPress) and etherpad-lite.

No doubt memory usage could be optimized even more, but I don't
think it's worthwhile to spend too much time on that, given
the relatively low cost of RAM.

(You're welcome to try to though if you want - if you want have
root access to the box just let me know, you're well-trusted.)