[NCUC E-team] Wordpress

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Mar 11 19:03:18 CET 2013

Once concern to keep in mind is accessibility.  I recently noticed
there is a plugin for that.

http://make.wordpress.org/accessibility/wp-accessibility-plugin/

Another is responsive design. Personally I use WP-Detector to make my
WP's mobile ready.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mobile-detector/

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Brenden Kuerbis
<bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Tapani Tarvainen
> <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:16:43AM -0400, Brenden Kuerbis
>> (bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org) wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks. The latest, stable version is 3.5.1  (
>> > http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/)  Not sure why its
>> > showing
>> > up as an update in WP.  Maybe we need to fix it manually?
>>
>> Do we need to have the latest version?
>

> It depends. One of the WP themes I'm playing around with requires v3.4
>

>> The one in ncuc1 now is what came with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and
>> it is maintained as far as security patches are concerned,
>> so I'd stay with it unless a newer version has some features we need -
>> just as with the OS version, I'd prefer stability, and sticking
>> with OS-supported version makes updating easier.
>>
>> (Yeah, WP will keep advertising newer versions, but there's
>> no need to pay attention to it.)
>>
>> --
>> Tapani Tarvainen

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com