[NCUC E-team] Wordpress

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Mar 11 16:39:11 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:16:43AM -0400, Brenden Kuerbis (bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org) wrote:

> Thanks. The latest, stable version is 3.5.1  (
> http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/)  Not sure why its showing
> up as an update in WP.  Maybe we need to fix it manually?

Do we need to have the latest version?

The one in ncuc1 now is what came with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and
it is maintained as far as security patches are concerned,
so I'd stay with it unless a newer version has some features we need -
just as with the OS version, I'd prefer stability, and sticking
with OS-supported version makes updating easier.

(Yeah, WP will keep advertising newer versions, but there's
no need to pay attention to it.)