[NCUC E-team] [NCUC Outreach] Ning approvals

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 16:37:12 CET 2013

Hello,

> The current ncuc.org site is somewhat confusing in that respect,
> people don't always realize that, which is indeed why the present
> situation arose.
> (It should get better when we get the site revamped, hopefully soon.)
>
> well there is plan to move to new website, and there is one page for
applying at NCSG and NCUC, so when doing outreach etc that should be
pointed to those prospective applicants.
for those in ning, I don't know, it may be really old and I remember that
when I joined in 2008 I applied through a filling form (in google doc
maybe) but not through ning.

btw, I think that we should speed for the website, I am lurking in e-team
but I find that sometimes there some over-planning :)

> Yes, but it would be much easier if we could just compare them with
> NCSG applicants rather than contacting them individually.

it depends how old is the queue,and the current list of applicants is for
recent applications not approved yet. there is already ncuc members list .
anyway comparing to several list(ncsg member, ncuc members etc) can reduce
the number of people to contact to check.

And even when (hopefully) this particular problem goes away with the
> new site design, it would still be very useful if we could track the
> application processing within NCSG rather than just being notified in
> batches when they're approved.

not sure about your suggestion. people are applying to join ncsg and then
joining ncuc or npoc or both or no constituency. and anyway NCUC may
approve or not those applicants too. the NCSG EC dont decide for
constituency to approve member or not instead of them :)

> In particular I'd like to be able to tell people how their application
> is going when they ask (or better, point them to somewhere they can
> check it themselves). Now they're likely to stumble on
>
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Applicants+to+NCSG

they have a contact point for NCSG EC,. if i understand you want to
automate the system. we thought about membership management system but we
dont have it yet.

> and start wondering if NCSG applications take years to process.

not years but yes long because for some applications we have problem, some
may be incomplete and NPOCs folks may have membership with individuals.

> (A good membership management program would maintain something
> like that automatically, maybe also send email to applicants
> when their application's status changes.)

as I mentioned , we don't have it and we want one  with support from ICANN
while NCSG having the ownership and the management of the system.

Best,

Rafik