[NCUC E-team] DNS change

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Jul 15 20:09:41 CEST 2013

On Jul 15 19:59, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:

> > and ning.ncuc.org pointing to the old site for now.
>
> That, however, does not seem to work - apparently Ning
> would need to be told about it somehow.
> Even icann-ncuc.ning.com does not work anymore - it gets
> redirected to the new site.
>
> If someone knows enough of Ning to know out how to make
> either of those to work, suggestions welcome.
> Do we have some kind of administration URL at Ning
> or would we have to change change www.ncuc.org back
> there to do anything with it?

If someone feels like messing with Ning, the old site
can be accessed by pointing ncuc.org (without www)
to 208.82.16.68 in local hosts file.

I also left TTL at 15 minutes so if necessary we can
change "ncuc.org" back to it quickly, if someone knows
what to do with Ning but can't use local hosts file.
Then only www.ncuc.org would work as the new site,
so I'd rather not leave things that way for long
(as in, rather not after the announcement tomorrow).