[NCUC E-team] Website to-do

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jul 9 09:09:11 CEST 2013

Status update:

> > > * The video: either remove or (preferably) leave it
> > >   but replace the index picture.

As it is, the only choices are apparently what Youtube
offers as index pictures - three alternatives, none
much better than the others.
In this particular case I guess Ron Diebert's chin
looks better than Robin's, so maybe we can live with it.
If not, we could try to work around it by making the
slide differently (should be doable by some kind of
indirect link, not sure how easy that would be).

> > > * The links at the bottom under "NCUC Meetings",
> > >   "Policy" and "Photos & Video" don't work.

I fixed the first and the last.

> > >   I don't know if we can come up with anything
> > >   for "Policy" - if not, best remove it or replace
> > >   it with something else.

This is the most difficult remaining issue I can see at the moment.

What do we want to have here?

Is there any chance of digging up at least a few most
recent policy statements so we could put them on the site
and point this there?

If not, any suggestions what it could be replaced with?
Leaving it blank is the last resort, easy but ugly.

> > > * Latest News: should have something new.
> > >   Easiest: just write some new blog entries...

I thought of putting in an invitation to the reception,
but if this is going public only after it's over it'd
be a bit silly.