[NCUC E-team] Website (events)

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Jul 1 09:56:59 CEST 2013

Hi

Copying in Robin and Joly.  We're building http://new.ncuc.org/events/past-conferences-and-workshops.  Questions to you both below.

On Jul 1, 2013, at 8:06 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> On Jun 29 10:19, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
>> Past conf links mentioned yesterday, dug them up for
>>

>> NCUC Policy Conference: ICANN & Internet Governance: Security & Freedom in a Connected World. Friday, 12 October 2012, Toronto
>>
>> NCUC at ICANN: Internet Governance and the Global Public Interest, 11 March 2011, San Francisco
>>

> Added those. Are they documented somewhere?
> For now I just put in Youtube links.

Thanks for this Tapani.  But I really do think we should have a) the event titles with date & place, and separate links to b) the programs with speaker lists (e.g. the Amiando links I sent), c) videos, and d) for stuff done within formal ICANN programs, the transcripts.  Re: videos, there are multiple and varying per event sources available.  I believe the YouTube stuff you linked was shot and posted by Glen McKnight, who I understand may also be shooting our African School workshop in Durban.   Joly has stuff on the ISOC NYC site.  The Amiando sites seem to have selective links to some panels.

So how about listing like this:

Workshop on,  "One World, One Internet?  New gTLDs & Competition in A Changing Global Environment," 10 April 2013, Beijing [at ICANN 46]
Program
Video
Transcript

Conference on, " ICANN and Internet Governance: Security and Freedom in a Connected World," 12 October 2012, Toronto [at ICANN 45]
Program
Video  [I'd use the listing Joly put up at ISOC NYC, it's complete better organized than what you get straight from YouTube]

Conference on, "NCUC @ ICANN: Internet Governance and the Global Public Interest," 11 March 2011, San Francisco [at ICANN 40]

Program
Video  [Tapani, the link you had was to just 9 minutes of stuff Dee Dee posted to You Tube. I suspect the complete video archive exists somewhere.  Joly, all I can find on your site is http://isoc-ny.org/p2/1841 which links to the Amiando, which has no video; do you happen to have those somewhere?  Or Robin do you know if the vids are somewhere Google's not find for me?]

Also: I only know of these three events since I've only been in NCUC since 2009.  Did you folks do any events prior to that we should be listing?

Thanks,

Bill