[NCUC E-team] blog post for NCUC

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Jul 18 07:41:24 CEST 2013

Hi

Thanks McTim.  I got tied up yesterday but was going to suggest a small tweak to your draft, as I thought the first sentence could be misconstrued a little as making NCUC more central to APC's event than is merited.  But no biggie.  Thanks for doing it.

Joy also blogged it, and this was picked up by my Google feed (!), http://www.ncuc.org/ncuc-at-the-inaugural-african-internet-governance-school/

Three morning coffee questions:

*I vaguely recall us discussing but not the resolution—we don't want to have Blog in the menu bar?  People should know to just click an item from Latest News and if they want to see previous blogs click through Archives?  Going forward, to the extent that blogs are written by different people and might present views or issues that are not so much "news," I'd think this is sort of mislabeling.  But if our web design gurus think this is sufficient ok, my intuitive expectations may not be in synch with common practice…

*So what's our policy on the blog?  All members will be given login ins (please remind me of) and then…who can blog?  Any approval process?

*99% of our members are not in Durban, and while the prospect of a new website has been mentioned on ncuc-discuss, it's actual arrival hasn't been announced.  Would someone centrally involved in it care to send a couple paragraphs to the list and say something about its features, take a bow, etc?  Then we can follow up with asking people again to dig out old policy statements, work on texts for missing pages like History, etc…

Best,

Bill