[NCUC E-team] When to go public with new site?

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jul 9 09:31:18 CEST 2013

What do you all think, when should we move the URL www.ncuc.org
from Ning to the new site?

I'd been thinking of doing it just in time for Constituency Day,
but it might actually make sense to do it earlier but without
much fanfare, maybe just a blog entry about it, leaving
"official" opening and festivities for CD.

Why? Because I see little point in directing people to the old site
anymore, in particular as we'd like (or we should) blog about events
in Durban it'd be better to put them to the new site directly.
Otherwise we have to duplicate all messages on both sites (either in
real time or by migrating them to the new one one by one).

It is already better than the old site, almost good enough to go
public, IMHO - I just fixed the links in the slideshow, there's very
little really broken left (mainly the Policy link at bottom center).