[NCUC E-team] VPS

David Cake davecake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:54:42 CET 2013

On 22/01/2013, at 5:20 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
> (1) Where to host it; I believe Brenden already
> suggested Gandi, where our DNS registration is,
> and I agree: it may not be quite the rock-bottom
> cheapest but close enough, and they know their stuff.
> Minimal VPS there costs €12/month or €100/year,
> and I think it would enough for a while.

	I like Gandi.
	I use them for my own DNS registration these days (though still waiting for them to offer .au)

> (2) Who will install and administer the machine.
> I can take this on, and we have plenty of competent
> people to act as backup sysadmins.

	I'm also happy to act as a backup sysadmin - presuming our VPS is some form of Linux - I haven't seen the OS issue raised, but I get the impression we are thinking linux. I'd prefer Debian myself.

	Cheers
		David