[NCUC E-team] Website homepage mock up 1

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Jan 29 01:59:44 CET 2013

Hi again

On Jan 28, 2013, at 4:05 PM, Sarah Clayton <sarahliannec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I expected there would be some push back on the top visual, however
> something else can be designed to go in that area - it doesn't have to
> be the 'heart of the Internet' graphic - suggestions welcome :)

Understood

> I wanted the website to look modern and clean to illustrate that the
> NCUC is a group going forward, not stuck in the past. I agree, the
> NCUC does need an 'image'. I think that the top graphic should
> illustrate this 'image' - however, I'm not quite sure what you want
> this to be.

Welcome to the club.  It's a conversation we've never had, and I at least have never thought about it.  So you're ahead of the curve...

> Am I right in saying that the meeting tomorrow will be at 5pm British
> time?

9 am in California so eight hours later UTC

> Also, there was no dial in information for UK citizens in the
> NCUC meeting agenda - unless I have missed something?

You did, have a look lower down the message I sent to the members list, there's a bunch of UK dial ins.  Anyway, I always just Skype to the US 800 number, costs pennies.

> My car - unfortunately, I collided with a truck on the narrow lanes by
> my house in the snow/ice just over a week ago. The insurance company
> has told me that the car is a 'total loss'. I have been bargaining
> with them today to get the best scrap value for it - I got £700 more
> than their first offer, so that wasn't too bad. Anyway, as a result, a
> lot of my time has been spent looking for a new car and dealing with
> my insurance/car hire company.

Ouch!  Well, important thing is you're ok, eh?

Cheers

BD