[NCUC E-team] Mailing lists

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Jan 22 19:42:56 CET 2013

On 22 Jan 2013, at 13:04, Edward Morris wrote:

> When Bill proposed the NCUC list I didn't get the impression he was calling for creation of an administrative list, although I could be wrong.

I think there is a difference between an administrative list and a list that is all things that subsidiarity would call for.

As for discussing policy, I think that should be done in ncsg-discuss.

but i also suggested a policy-drafts list.

i saw this as the midpoint between a NCUC-PC and a post NCUC-PC charter.

It could be by invitation (EC decided PC), though i prefer it open to all who want to work on drafting.

I can also see a reasonable step that says: ok we have the following draft of a policy stmt, what does the member at lists think of this before submission, with the Chair, in his role as czar, determining whether we have consensus to submit.

But I beleive the general policy discussion should still go on in the SG.

I also never suggested restrictions, but by stating the purpose of a list, we do give guidance, and then, yeah it might defacto become something else.  oh well.

avri