[NCUC E-team] Mailing lists

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Tue Jan 22 17:34:12 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> I figure it is not for us to figure out the names of NPOC lists.

Of course not, just an example.

> i am not in favor of discuss at ncuc as i think that is partial duplication
> of ncsg-discuss.  i stil think we need the ncsg-discuss list as the primary
> general discussions list.

Agree with that sentiment.

> how about: members at ncuc for all the administrative and general
> discussions - the list for subsidiarity stuff

Ok, so to put in a document to circulate with NCUC:

The NCUC maintains a "members" list (e.g., members at ncuc.org) for general,
administrative discussion.  This list is closed to Constituency members
only, but is publicly archived (?).

The Stakeholder Group maintains a "discussion" list (e.g., discuss at ncuc.org)
for policy deliberation by NCSG members.  This list is closed to members of
NCSG Constituencies (NCUC, NPOC, etc.), but is publicly archived.

> I would also like to talk about a policy at ncuc for any ncuc person, member
> or member of member, who wants to participate in crafting drafts of
> comments and responses.

IMO, a catch all like that just introduces confusion.  Do I read
discuss at nscg or policy at ncuc?

I'd rather have policy discussion take place on discuss at ncsg and
collaboration (either at the Constituency or SG level) on an instance of
comment/response take place on a browser-based platform designed drafting a
document (e.g., maybe a wordpress plugin like digress.it) but with all the
bells and whistles like integration of user accounts with a master
membership registry, searchable, archived, etc.

> i like the idea of announce list for every group who has separate
> announcements - send only lists except for coordinators etc..

I'm unclear what you're saying. You're support 1 (e.g.,
announce at nc.icann.org) or 3 (e.g., announce at ncuc.org, announce at npoc.org,
announce at ncsg.org) lists? If the later, why separate lists?

-- B