[NCUC E-team] Hosting the NCUC E-Platform

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Feb 28 08:32:43 CET 2013

On Feb 28 07:32, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> Yes, positive, sorry to be slow, at the WSIS+10 meeting in Paris
> (Tapani here too), busy all day, crap connectivity.

Yeah. Much better at the hotel and at cafes than at Unesco -
there it's surprisingly bad. :-(

> It having been awhile and no objections having been raised how about
> we call it, have Milton cut the check, and get the party started?

I probably won't get much done with it until I get home
late Monday night (going to Brussels for the weekend and Monday),
but getting the purchase process sorted out may take a few
days anyway.

I think we must ask Brenden to make the order as the account
is in his name (also, it has to be done by someone outside EU
unless we want to pay French taxes), but I believe he already put
Milton in there as Billing Contact.

So Brenden could order the server and have Milton pay for it by
whichever way is easiest - Gandi seems to accept credit cards, paypal,
bank transfer and even a real checks (only if drawn on a French bank,
though).

By the way, the sum has gone just over $401, dollar is weakening
(in euros it's still the same, €286.80).