[Bylaws] Status?

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Wed Apr 1 12:41:40 CEST 2015

Bill,

Thanks for the update.  If previous status on this initiative showed up
on the main members list, I missed it.  There have been issues where
things in e-mail to the list are marked as spam.   As I get the list in
digest mode, that means losing a day...

It would have been a good idea to post those events to this list, as the
team signed up to work on the revisions.  It would also be a good idea
to update the website's "a revision is expected" statement.

Yes, when the bylaws are revised, they should include language
concerning resignation.  The point of bylaws is to reduce the amount of
knowledge that is carried around as folklore, which tends to prevent
issues.  And so people know what they're signing up for.  This is
consistent with other professional societies.  For example, Article 3
section 3 at http://www.acm.org/about/constitution.  By the way, the ACM
bylaws are at http://www.acm.org/about/bylaws.  Although both documents
are for an organization of greater complexity and scope, they might be
worth reviewing when (if?) the effort is revived.

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer
if any, on the matters discussed.