[Bylaws] (no subject)

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Mon Oct 7 13:14:04 CEST 2013

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the insight and context of events over the next few months. It IS really important to be aware of all these ongoings while planning the schedule in development of the NCUC by-laws.

I would still recommend we try to make our plans with the a deadline around next March. Iterative work always requires revisions to previously concluded efforts as developments further down the road are made. Although I don't like making assumptions, it is reasonable to assume that if we plan to complete our work by Singapore, we probably will realistically take more to do so. The reasons you indicated are the ones we are now aware of that will likely cause delays in our schedule, and there may be others we are not yet aware of at all.

Getting feedback from veteran members with institutional memory is absolutely essential in development of a by-laws draft that has any meaning. We have some of these members on this list, but in any case, I was hoping to get this feedback at two points; before the "charter" is completed as well as before the final draft of the by-laws is done. If we don't get the feedback we need in time, we should definitely keep the deadline flexible. Although there will be around 7 months ahead of the vote to ratify the by-laws in March, having an early deadline will give us the time we need to extend it as the need arises.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Amr