[Bylaws] Approval of New Process For GNSO Charter Amendments

Edward Morris edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu
Thu Oct 3 13:44:51 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

Thanks Bill for this and  for your warm wishes on tonight's call.

I'm actually quite happy to see the Board decision. It's not perfect but
they did incorporate many of the suggestions made by IPC and myself. The
fact the Board will have to act within a specified period of time is a
major change to the original proposal  that we all should welcome. It's
good to know that public comments do sometimes, in fact, result in positive
change.

I've followed the conversation between Tapani and Bill and can happily note
both are correct in what they state. Tapani is spot on concerning the
formal requirements for revision; Bill is entirely correct as to how we
should de facto proceed, something Tapani is also in complete agreement
with. I note this especially for the newcomers who might read the spirited
exchange between both of you as being some sort of policy disagreement.
It's not. Given that Rob Hoggarth is our ICANN liaison on this matter, I
expect nothing but professionalism and cooperation from ICANN as we go
through this process. Rob is one of the good ones, as are most ICANN staff
members.

I look forward to meeting everyone tonight.

Ed Morris