[NCUC-EC] [Ext] Re: FEEDBACK REQUESTED-CEO 1:1 Meeting | Friday, 31 May 2024

Andrea Glandon andrea.glandon at icann.org
Fri Apr 26 23:08:19 CEST 2024

I can provide that information! Sorry, I should have added that. His meeting is on Monday, 29 April. I don’t know that they will get to all of these topics, I can update once the meeting is over.

What is ICANN’s position on the Global Digital Compact Zero Draft?

How does ICANN ensure that Registry Voluntary Commitments do not undercut

its Bylaws and its multistakeholder policy development?

Funding from ICANN for recruitment and engagement activities:
Amounts seem to have gone to near zero, and yet, we need
volunteers in  ICANN more than ever. Where and how will we get them?

What is being done to ensure that the Applicant Support Program, its
Handbook, and its application processes are readable and accessible?

Can anything be done to change the ruling on the ICANN Grant Program
that prevents any former members of the CCWG Auction Proceeds to
participate in any way? Those of us who worked on these issues finished
work more than 6 years ago and whatever knowledge we might have is long
gone. Also the members never agreed to (or even discussed) a rule that
they could not consult with other non-profits and advise them.  This was
something that ICANN decided after the fact.  The WG never decided this.
What the WG did say was members had to declare any conflicts, but it
never ever touched on the idea that we could not consult even voluntarily.

Can we try to avoid scheduling meetings on religious holidays of
at least the major religions?

Why doesn’t ICANN negotiate deals with the hotels for ICANN Public Meetings to get community members the same rate when they have to pay for nights out of their own pocket? Can this be done in the future?

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
Andrea