[NCUC-EC] [Ext] Re: [NPOC-EC] 2023 Election Timelines

Ken Herman ken at kherman.com
Tue May 23 04:58:35 CEST 2023

Hi Claudio. Great to hear from you, and a relief! We were concerned, but thankful that it was simply overwork that kept you preoccupied, a malady we can all understand!

Your suggestion of accepting and then working to identify a replacement is a noble one. My personal opinion, though, is that as much as I would appreciate whatever you can offer, it would be imprudent to pursue a role that you won’t be able to devote the requisite time to. I feel it would be most helpful if you can work to identify and advocate for a suitable candidate who can fill a vacant position, and not feel they are replacing you.

I will certainly miss your voice in the EC. I found your contributions to the discussions were extremely sensible and thoughtful. But I expect you will still contribute greatly to the non commercial cause, and we will see you again during discussions and meetings.

Take care

Ken