[NCUC-EC] Fwd: NCUC Travel Opportunity for ICANN77

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:52:16 CET 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Amin Hacha <aminhacha at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 11, 2023 at 10:59 PM
Subject: NCUC Travel Opportunity for ICANN77
To: Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>, Benjamin Akinmoyeje <
benakin at gmail.com>

Dears Andrea and Benjamin,
I hope this email finds you well.
 kindly, find my answer to the questions concerning the opportunity for
ICANN77.

-     *Name:*   *Amine Hacha*
-    * Contact information (e-mail) *  *aminhacha at gmail.com
<aminhacha at gmail.com>*
-    * Short statement explaining why you would like to attend
ICANN77 representing the NCUC. Include a mention of which working groups or
policy discussions you have been involved with and would like to be
involved in further. If you have not been involved in policy discussions,
which policy discussion(s) will you become involved with? (please provide
links to your mailing list contributions and your record of attendance in
WG meetings).*

*I want to express my deep interest in attending ICANN77 as a
representative of the NCUC. By attending ICANN77 in Washington, D.C., I
have the chance to not only be a part of the event as a participant but
also work with the NCUC committee to form collaborations with the local and
regional communities. The wealth of expertise in Washington D.C. can
greatly enhance our efforts as a committee and bring positive outcomes to
our respective communities.As a long-standing member of ICANN and NCUC, I
have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the
ICANN community. I have been actively involved in several working groups
and policy discussions, including the Working Group on gTLD Directory
Services, the Contracted Party House, and the Policy Development Process.
My following of these groups, as well as my attendance at relevant meetings
in the UN and the European Council in Strasbourg, has given me a
well-rounded understanding.Moving forward, I am particularly interested in
exploring new opportunities to advance the security and stability of the
internet and to protect human rights online. I believe that my
participation in ICANN77 will provide me with the opportunity to learn
about the latest developments in the policy, engage with other
stakeholders, and contribute to giving back good results to the NCUC
committee and members.*
-    * How much time, effort, and work will you spend studying policy
topics before, during, and after the meeting? And are you willing to stay
engaged or volunteer to mentor future NCSG members?*

*I am dedicated to ensuring my active participation and contribution to
ICANN77 and the policy discussions. To that end, I am willing to invest a
substantial amount of time, effort, and work in studying the relevant
policy topics both before and after the meeting. I understand the
importance of being well-prepared and knowledgeable, and I am committed to
staying engaged in the community and participating in follow-up
discussions.Additionally, I am eager to give back to the NCUC and am
willing to volunteer as a mentor for future NCSG members. I believe that
sharing my knowledge and experience can help advance the work of the
community and support the next generation of leaders. Overall, I am fully
committed to making a positive impact and contributing to the success of
the NCUC committee.*
*-     Confirm that you are ready and attentive to all visa requirements
and other documentation to attend, should you be accepted.*
*Yes, I am aware of the visa requirements and other necessary documentation
for attending ICANN77. I confirm that I am fully prepared, my USA visa
valid till 19 December 2024, and attentive to ensure that I meet all the
necessary requirements in a timely manner. I understand the importance of
being compliant with all regulations and am committed to taking all
necessary steps to ensure my attendance at the meeting.*

I am confident that my attendance at ICANN77 will not only benefit my
personal and professional development but also enable me to make a
meaningful contribution to the work of the NCUC. I look forward to this
opportunity, to share my ideas and perspectives, and help drive positive
change.
Thank you for your consideration. I eagerly anticipate your positive
response.
Sincerly,
Amine Hacha