[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [Ext] Re: Possible collaboration - Internet fragmentation briefing series

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Wed Dec 20 15:56:55 CET 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Ext] Re: Possible collaboration - Internet fragmentation
briefing series
Date: 	Tue, 28 Nov 2023 23:22:38 +0000
From: 	Michaela Nakayama Shapiro <michaela at gp-digital.org>
To: 	Bruna Martins dos Santos <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com>
CC: 	Daniela Schnidrig <daniela at gp-digital.org>, Sheetal Kumar
<sheetal at gp-digital.org>, Keerti Rajagopalan <keerti at gp-digital.org>,
Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com>, Andrea Glandon
<andrea.glandon at icann.org>, Adam Peake <adam.peake at icann.org>

Hi Bruna,

As discussed on our recent call, we have put together a more detailed
version of the concept note for the briefing series (accessible here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18M7cjAiGBhOHOEDR_KZzFE5Gr1XA4meRUBUxGo3oaug/edit?usp=sharing>
and attached). The concept note now includes additional context on
internet fragmentation as it relates to ICANN's mandate on the basis of
recent trends and the 2022 plenary on the topic.

Based on our discussion and in light of the upcoming production planning
call, we have included a timeline for finalising the concept note in a
table with roles and responsibilities across our teams (see p.6). We
wanted to ask whether it would be possible for you and the ICANN team to
_review and share any feedback with us by EOW (1 December)?_ This would
be to ensure we have enough time to integrate any feedback and circulate
an updated draft to you by early next week to be finalised by 6 December.

We also wanted to check whether there have been any updates on the
deadlines for suggesting plenaries for San Juan? Additionally, should
you have a sense of whether other parts of the community would be
willing to support a plenary like this that would be very helpful to
know for finalising the concept note.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing
from you soon!

Best,

Michaela

--
*
*

---

GPD is proud to be an accredited four-day week organisation that cares
about the well-being of its team. Please note that our office hours are
now Monday to Thursday (9am-5pm UK time). Find out more here.

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 11:35, Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com
<mailto:julf at julf.com>> wrote:

     On 21/11/2023 11:55, Daniela Schnidrig wrote:

      >   * We agreed that Bruna and Julf would review deadlines for
     suggesting
      >     a plenary session for San Juan and circle back this week to
      >     ascertain whether it's feasible.

     On that point, it might still be possible. The plenary session contents
     will be discussed at the production planning call on December 6. For
     that we should have a well-prepared proposal.

              Julf