[NCUC-EC] Latin America and Caribbean NCUC Representative

Cláudio Lucena claudiokilla at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 16:49:48 CET 2022

Dear fellows,

If the position for the Latin America and Caribbean NCUC Representative is
still available, I would like to volunteer.

I have been a fellow and then a mentor in the fellowship programme
from 2017 on, and I was quite active in the jurisdiction, data protection
and DNS abuse issues that were being discussed back then. Since the
pandemics, however, I did not really take part in the discussions or
followed meetings, although in the meantime I have engaged in very relevant
national initiatives, such as the first composition of the National Privacy
and Data Protection Council in Brazil, as well as in the development of
other technology policy related debates and applied research projects.

I can already allocate some time again, and I believe it is time to resume
my engagement at ICANN. It seems like an opportunity to catch up with the
most pressing issues and restart contributing.

Please let me know how I should submit an expression of interest, and other
relevant information.

A happy New Year with health and blessings to you all.
My best wishes,
Cláudio Lucena

--
Cláudio S. de Lucena Neto

Head of the International Office

Professor of Law, Center for Legal Studies

Paraíba State University (UEPB), Brazil

*

Membro do Conselho Nacional de Proteção de Dados Pessoais e da Privacidade
(CNPDP)

Autoridade Nacional de Proteção de Dados (ANDP)

*

Researcher, Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia

Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Ensino Superior de Portugal

*

PhD Candidate, Research Centre for the Future of Law

Católica Global School of Law, Universidade Católica Portuguesa

LinkedIn: https://br.linkedin.com/pub/cláudio-lucena/22/7a8/822

Universidade Estadual da Paraíba

www.uepb.edu.br <https://br.linkedin.com/pub/cl%C3%A1udio-lucena/22/7a8/822>

Centro de Ciências Jurídicas - Campus I

Departamento de Direito Privado

Rua Coronel Salvino de Figueiredo, 157

CEP 58.400-253

Campina Grande - PB - Brasil

Fone/Fax: *55 83 3310 9753

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message, as well as any attached document, may contain information
that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email
or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by
mistake.