[NCUC-EC] Regional outreach email template

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 23:36:44 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Below please find an email template Ken kindly drafted so that we can start
regional outreach as we contemplated during the summer.

Please give your input, if any, by Wednesday COB, after which I will
communicate to you individually the names of member organizations in each
of your regions, along with a more general group email on the next steps.

Have a nice day,

***

Hello ++++

Since its creation over 20 years ago, the multistakeholder governance model
created by ICANN has demonstrated the value, and importance, of inclusion
when deciding policies that ensure the stability of the Internet. Even
though policy differences arise amongst the various interests, this
approach ensures that consideration is given to all voices, be they from
national governments, commercial providers, internet users or, like
yourself, a non-commercial participant.

Stakeholder groups such as the Non-Commercial User Constituency (NCUC)
bring together organizations like yours so that the non-commercial
community can speak with one voice during policy discussions. For example,
in recent years the NCUC, along with the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group
(NCSG), the parent entity of the NCUC, have worked to ensure that issues
related to privacy of domain registration information are appropriated
addressed when deciding ICANN policy, along with advocating for a stronger
human rights position within ICANN.

As the NCUC executive committee representative of the ++++ region, in which
your organization is based, it is important to me that I understand the
Internet policy issues that affect our region. I am hopeful that you can
help me with this.

More specifically, I would welcome the opportunity to learn more, either
with a telephone conversation or an e-mail exchange, about your decision to
join the NCUC community, and what types of issues are of concern to you and
your organization when it comes to DNS policy. I would welcome any thoughts
you have about how we can more effectively communicate on such topics
within the ICANN ecosystem, and how to better solicit your input.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards