[NCUC-EC] Follow up on today's EC call/webinar

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Mon May 10 17:12:33 CEST 2021

Dear all,

A short recap of our discussion today regarding the webinar:

Positive points

   - Wider participation from other parts of the ICANN community
   - Prep call for moderators with our staff support
   - Good attendance in total with about 40 participants
   - Active chat
   - Speakers kept their time
   - There was space for newer members to ask their questions too

Things to improve

   - Social media presence in parallel
   - We could consider livestream on other platforms too

Things to keep in mind

   - Some participants are less familiar with policy issues or what is
   being discussed, and so we need to be mindful of their needs in order to
   get them on board with the discussions
   - It's good to have concrete, current applications of what is being
   discussed at the policy level, in order to foster participants' engagement
   - Speakers should be given the space to be themselves, while being
   encouraged to be motivational

Options for the future?

   - Follow up webinar
   - Similar webinar at regular intervals
   - Current policy issues-focused debate/discussion sessions (outside of
   statutory NCSG policy calls)

If there are other points, feel free to reply in this thread.

Thank you again for your involvement!

Have a nice day,