[NCUC-EC] Action items, EC meeting of 7 July 2021

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:50:06 CEST 2021

   1. Start coordinating with ALAC/Bruna on the Outreach at ICANN 72. I
   will report developments on the list on that as they happen. Deadline by
   our August meeting
   2. Brainstorm: I will start an offlist brainstorm thread now where we
   can discuss who we could invite/what we could discuss for the membership
   round-tables.
   3. Reaching out to organizations: I will look into how we could get a
   list of member organizations by country and you (as regional reps) would
   then be in charge of contacting them and seeing with them whether they'd be
   interested in talking about their DNS activities and how we (NC) can engage
   with them

Keep in mind

   1. Quantify participation objectives for all meetings/sessions; keep
   track of participation during meeting; use these numbers to formulate
   improvement objectives.
   2. Need active facilitation with direct reach out to audience (evt.
   through breakout rooms) during webinars, otherwise we fall into the
   "passivity trap"
   3. "ICANN-internal" advocacy issue: Non-commercial participation at
   ICANN will systematically have to engage/be compared to/compete with other
   parts of the community are paid to be involved with ICANN, with a wide
   array of consequences for us.