[NCUC-EC] Email response to Shah

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 16:56:51 CET 2021

 Dear EC,
Here is the intended mail response to Mr. Shah for your review. Many thanks
to Ken for his input.

Just before I send it to him. (Do I need to copy anyone in the email.?)

Dear Mr. Shah,

Thank you for your interest in joining the NCUC Executive Committee as the
representative of the Asia Pacific region. We feel deeply honored for your
interest in a leadership position of our constituency.

During a review of your application, we learned that you work for a domain
name company where you occupy a strategic leadership position. Also,
recently, your company joined the business constituency. These two factors
constitute conflicting interests for an intending member.

It is our opinion that it will be difficult to separate your organization’s
interests (commercial) and our constituency interests (noncommercial)
without compromise. Furthermore, the NCUC bylaws, specifically Article III
(Membership), Section G (Eligible Individuals), Paragraphs 1 and 2,
stipulate that individuals employed by organizations that hold membership
in other stakeholder groups are ineligible to join NCUC.

Regrettably, it is against NCUC bylaws and guiding principles to accept
your membership. Thank you for your interest. If things change with you in
the future, you may wish to consider reapplying.

Kind regards,
Benjamin