[NCUC-EC] Meeting with Rob and Benedetta- Additional Budget Request

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat Jan 21 10:59:24 CET 2017

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 02:42:17AM -0500, farzaneh badii (farzaneh.badii at gmail.com) wrote:

> All,
>
> As the additional budget request meeting with NCUC is approaching I would
> like to tell you about my meeting with Benedetta and Rob about the
> additional budget request.
>
> From what I understood, the more the request can address the need of a
> larger section of the community, it is more likely to get approved by
> Board.
>
> To make the chances of approval higher, I had a meeting with Tapani and
> Klaus and wrote a capacity building request for NCSG additional budget
> request. They are discussing it now at FC and I think NCSG EC has to
> approve too.

No, formal approval from NCSG EC is not required, you don't need to
worry about that delaying things. If you and NPOC EC agree on the
request before the deadline, even at the last minute, I can submit it
as NCSG request.

I have notified NCSG EC of the plan though, and I will of course take
their input into account, but in this kind of NCUC-NPOC joint
operation, initiated and actively worked on by the constituencies,
there's probably little need for NCSG EC to do much coordinating.

--
Tapani Tarvainen