[NCUC-EC] NCUC Operating Procedures

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 23:40:49 CEST 2017

Renata, in that case chair can just refer the candidate to the suitable
person for advice.  I don't think it's a big deal really. But if you think
it is just make the necessary change in text and we can discuss with the
members.

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 4:03 PM Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I agree w/ all points Michael noted but 1
>
> Chair's advice for candidate to do better on future appointments
>
> Sometimes EC member or a mentor might know candidate better
>
> Sometimes member is not appointed if there is a potential conflict of
> interest or correspondence to the function is not ideal - we are seeing now
> the discussion about the difficulty w/ the "multiple hats" members of the
> group
>
> So I would suggest leaving this open. Candidate may request advice. Not
> necessarily from Chair.
>
> Em 27 de ago de 2017 4:25 PM, "farzaneh badii" <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> Thanks Michael.
>>
>> Here is the link to the Google doc everyone:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uolqcYivX_KVOgPdjl3wB_aBkHyLcFkvzNsNU47BRQY/edit#heading=h.1x7lfonwlklh
>>
>> Please comment or resolve issues on the above link. Deadline to finalize
>> is tomorrow, so I will put the doc back for second reading by the members
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> Farzaneh
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Michael Karanicolas <
>> michael at law-democracy.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I agree with "guidelines" rather than requirements.
>>>
>>> I just tried to edit the transparency sections, but the doc told me my
>>> access had changed halfway through. A couple of small suggested changes, as
>>> follows:
>>>
>>> C.  Review and selection of candidates:
>>> 1. NCUC EC will review all the candidates’ statements
>>> 2. NCUC EC will evaluate each application based on qualifications

Farzaneh