[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: An important message about the RVC debate

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 14:48:01 CET 2024

Dear NCUC members,
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mueller, Milton L <milton at gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 10:48 PM
Subject: [NCUC-DISCUSS] An important message about the RVC debate
To: NCSG <NCSG-DISCUSS at listserv.syr.edu>
Cc: ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org <ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org>

Dear friends in NCSG

After attending the first few days of ICANN 79 and watching online Monday's
panel discussion on so-called registry voluntary contracts, I wrote this
blog which addresses the issues debated. I hope you find this informative
and that we can work together in ICANN to stop ICANN from eviscerating its
fundamental bylaw against content regulation.

https://www.internetgovernance.org/2024/03/05/public-and-private-power-in-internet-content-regulation-icann-and-registry-voluntary-commitments/
<https://www.internetgovernance.org/2024/03/05/public-and-private-power-in-internet-content-regulation-icann-and-registry-voluntary-commitments/>
Public and Private Power in Internet Content Regulation: ICANN and Registry
“Voluntary” Commitments - Internet Governance Project
<https://www.internetgovernance.org/2024/03/05/public-and-private-power-in-internet-content-regulation-icann-and-registry-voluntary-commitments/>
Is censorship something that only happens when state actors do it, or can
private actors engage in it as well? That crucial Internet governance
debate is taking place in two venues: The U.S. Supreme Court, which will
rule on two state laws that try to regulate the way platforms moderate
content, and ICANN, which is […]
www.internetgovernance.org