[NCUC-DISCUSS] Inquiry about NCUC team on Global Public Interest

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Tue Mar 5 14:29:45 CET 2024

Hi Hakikur,

The term "Global Public Interest" is a very loaded and misused one, so
we try to avoid using it, and when we use it, it is with a lot of
caution.

Our resources are stretched very thin, so we should avoid duplication
and wasted effort. Traditionally policy work has been done at NCSG
level (after all, it is the councillors are the ones that are in
a position to set policy), so I suggest you talk to the NCSG policy
committee and councillors rather than start any sort of parallel
effort.

	Julf