[NCUC-DISCUSS] Inquiry about NCUC team on Global Public Interest

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:33:33 CET 2024

Hey Ben and NCUC EC,

I was attending the NCSG & Board Meeting that just ended and was surprised
with Benjamin's mention that NCUC has a team working on Global Public
Interest, or a Cross community working party.

The full quote is the following:

*SPEAKER: My name is Benjamin. I just want to follow up with Edmon on how
we can actually implement what you just said about the Board considering,
just like the public global interest framework, how we can move that
conversation forward practically so that we are involved. Because it is
something we have been discussing in our community, how to practically
implement that. If there is an existing conversation that is going on.
(...)  *

* BENJAMIN AKINMOYEJE: It looks abstract to me, but I know on our team we
are talking about putting together a little team to start doing exactly
what the global public interested. So I was just wondering if there could
be synergy with the work we are about to start, which we don't know how to
go about it. That we can leverage on what our community, cross community
working party, on what the human rights impact is already doing and move
this forward. The match it to the work that you are talking about."*

Would you be so kind as to explain what this team is ? And whether there’s
any chance the NCSG PC will be communicated in the efforts?

I think it is important that we aim for achieving better coordination
between NCSG PC and any other Policy related efforts taken on by our
constituencies. Especially due to meetings such as the one that just
happened where we always coordinated things in the NCSG list so everyone is
aware of the list of questions, topics being brought up and so on.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing back from you guys!

Best,
Bruna”

--

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Global Campaigns Manager | Digital Action <http://digitalaction.co>

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatin) | Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus  <https://igcaucus.org/>

Twitter: @boomartins <https://twitter.com/boomartins> // Skype: