[NCUC-DISCUSS] Opportunity to propose a session at the IGF 2024

Hakikur Rahman email at hakik.org
Tue Apr 30 07:11:14 CEST 2024

I may sound repetitive, but we can include these issues, if not included:

1. Discuss strategies to ensure universal access to the internet, especially in underserved regions.

2. Address issues related to data sovereignty, cross-border data flows,

and harmonization of regulations.

3. Discuss policies and initiatives to bridge the digital divide, promote digital literacy,

and empower underrepresented groups.

4. Consider the impact of emerging technologies (such as AI and biometrics) on human rights.

5. Explore ways to minimize the environmental impact of digital infrastructure and services. and

6. Explore models for fair distribution of digital benefits, including revenue sharing,

data ownership, and community engagement.

Best regards,

Hakikur

Prof. Hakikur Rahman

Professor and Dean

School of Science and Engineering

Presidency University

Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Email: mailto:hakikur at pu.edu.bd; mailto:email at hakik.org

Phone: +880-1987 417457 (WhatsApp)

Skype: hakiks

---- On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:01:44 +0600 Amin Hacha <aminhacha at gmail.com> wrote ---

Dear NCUC members,
Just a quick reminder: Share your ideas before we finalize the subject matter tonight. Your input is valuable. Thanks!

Amin