[NCUC-DISCUSS] Pre-ICANN78 CEO 1:1 Topics

Kathy Kleiman kathy at dnrc.tech
Sun Sep 24 17:31:10 CEST 2023

Hi Benjamin,

Tx for asking.  I think you should talk about the importance of
guidance, review and limitations of Public Interest Commitment (PICs)
and Registry Voluntary Commitments (RVCs) and our concerns about the use
of the DNS as part of political sanctions [the topics of our first NCUC
Issues Forum at ICANN77 in DC].

And also our deep concern for Applicant Support and discussing the
essence of SubPro 17.2 Recommendation - providing additional supports
for Applicants from the Global South (and the Global North) in their
planning for and writing of New gTLD applications (legal, technical and
business education/counseling/guidance). What does the Board need to
make this support - which we think is critical (and the SubPro WG did
too) - a reality?

Milton, Farzi, Tomslin, Manju, Stephanie and I all have more details if
you need them!

Best, Kathy

On 9/24/2023 9:18 AM, Benjamin Akinmoyeje wrote:
> Dear NCUC members,
> Good day to you all, and I hope your day is going well.
>
> The NCUC EC is having an opportunity to meet with the ICANN CEO for a
> one-on-one session and would like to discuss some topics the community
> might be interested in.
>
> Please suggest topics you would like us to discuss with the ICANN CEO
> next month.
>
> Kind regards,
> Benjamin

Kathy Kleiman