[NCUC-DISCUSS] Amine Hacha - Candidate Statement

Amin Hacha aminhacha at gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:59:55 CEST 2023

Dears NCUC members,

Please take a moment to read my responses to the candidate's answers
statement.

Thank you,

Amine

*Candidate Statement:*

* *Name: *Amine Hacha

*Region of residence: *Europe.

*Gender: *Male.

*Employment:* Programmer

** Any conflicts of interest: *No, I do not have any conflicts of interest.

** Questions:*

*1. Why do you want to serve on the EC?*

I am interested in serving on the NCUC executive committee because I
believe in the importance to be actively contributing to decision-making
processes and collaborating with others to shape the group's strategic
direction. I am motivated to bring my skills, experience, and passion to
the group in order to make meaningful progress and achieve collective goals.

*2. Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and
affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the
relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on
the NCUC Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interest you
might have.*

I earned BIS in Computer Science, BA in Business Management & special
courses in Programming Fashion Design. I am specialized in Cybersecurity
and Encryption; the Founder & President of "The Lebanese Cyberspace
Association"; an ICANN fellow member (67 and 76); Alumni member of
APSIG(Asia Pacific Internet Governance), INSIG, & Diplo-Switzerland. Since
2014, I have been a dedicated participant in the Internet Governance Forum,
immersing myself in the realm of digital policy. Through my active
involvement in both physical gatherings and virtual events such (as WSIS,
IGF, ITU, and EURO-DIG), I have acquired a profound comprehension of the
constantly evolving landscape of Internet governance. Moreover, I proudly
serve as a member of the LMAG 2023 Board for the Lebanese IGF 2023.

I volunteer regularly and I am:

-Member of LIONS CLUBS International since 1995 where I served in several
positions and responsibilities.

-YOUTH Lebanese Red Cross, Vice-President 94-97

-Beirut International Awards Festival-BIAF, Committee 2011-14

-Active in the development of the Lebanese Election since 2004. I was
elected to the “Lebanese Association for Democratic Elections–LADE" Board
of Directors from 2013-17 & treasurer from 2016-17.

I received numerous International awards.

 I do not like pushy people. I enjoy helping people & loves to learn new
skills.

*3. The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the
Constituency. What level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role
on a weekly and overall basis? Describe any concerns or limitations on your
ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN
Meetings in person.*

I am fully committed to fulfilling my responsibilities at the EC. I can
dedicate a substantial amount of time to actively contribute to the
committee's work and perform the necessary tasks on a weekly basis. As for
attending online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN Meetings in
person, I am flexible and available to participate as required. However, it
is worth noting that any potential concerns or limitations regarding
attendance will be promptly communicated and addressed to ensure effective
collaboration and fulfill the responsibilities of my EC role.

*4. Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep
members apprised of your EC-related activities?*

To ensure effective communication with the membership regarding my
EC-related activities, I would employ several strategies:

I would provide regular updates through various channels such as email or
online platforms. I would encourage an open dialogue with members,
welcoming their feedback, suggestions, and concerns. I will help the
committee to prepare comprehensive reports summarizing EC meetings,
decisions, and outcomes. in addition to all ways of collaboration.

*5. How do you foresee NCUC’s function, scale, or role changing in the
future? What areas of ICANN policy, if any, need more attention and why?
Incumbent candidates should answer in a manner that is both backward and
forward-looking, i.e. taking note of their contributions and work in the
previous year.*

I anticipate several potential changes for the NCUC:

- The NCUC may expand its advocacy efforts to address emerging challenges
in areas such as privacy, data protection, artificial intelligence, and
cybersecurity.

- The NCUC's role may extend further into the global arena, collaborating
with other constituencies and stakeholders to address cross-border Internet
policy issues.

- The NCUC may see growth in its membership base, attracting a more diverse
range of voices and perspectives.

Regarding areas of ICANN policy that need more attention, I can see:

- Policies addressing Internet access and affordability, particularly in
underserved regions, warrant increased attention. Ensuring equitable access
to the Internet is crucial for fostering digital inclusion and bridging the
digital divide.