[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN/Day 2

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 17:53:20 CET 2023

Hello NCUC,
Yesterday we had some good outreach meetings and worked more on policy at
the NCSG session. We wrote a statement about Statement of Interest and
disclosing whose interests organizations are advancing in policy
development. We also worked on our answers to the Board question which you
can see a discussion about on NCSG mailing list. Kathy gave us a run-down
of closed generic working group. closed generics are generic names that the
registries wanted to apply for and treat them as brand (don't allow public
registration, for example Amazon would not allow bookshops to register
domain names at .BOOK level. Contact us if you want to know more about it.

TODAY
There was a welcome session but there are two important sessions in the
afternoon that you should pay attention to. One is the DNS Abuse outreach
session. We know that DNS abuse discussions and policies can sometimes
infringe upon our fundamental rights so we need to pay attention to that.
There is also our NCSG meeting with the board at 3 PM (Cancun time).

https://icann76.sched.com/

Farzaneh