[NCUC-DISCUSS] GGP Applicant Support Subject Matter Expert Input Request

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 04:03:42 CET 2023

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the questions.
The working started discussion last December, meeting biweekly, and we are
tasked basically to work on the measures for success and metrics for the
applicant support program. We started first to review the tasks given by
GNSO council in the initiation request for GGP, the relevant material like
the applicant support recommendations report, relevant part of subpro final
report and the implementation review report of the applicant
support program. We have already delivert to the GNSO council the project
plan and timeline .
We are currently giving input/comment on the format and listing possible
metrics following the applicant support program lifecycle element like
outreach, submission or delegation. Discussion is moving slowly but
starting to get its pace.

We also had some presentations from the ICANN GDS division (Global Domains
& Strategy) as they were responsible of implementation, about learnings
from the applicant support program in the previous new gTLD round and also
about the ODA (Operational Design Phase) for new subpro recommendations. It
is acknowledged that the ICANN board will likely make decisions based on
the ODA report for subpro before GGP delivers its recommendations. However,
the GNSO council will submit the GGP recommendations report when it's done
and approved to the ICANN board for consideration.

sharing here the tasks requested to the GGP working group for reference:

*Task 3 – Analyze the set of suggested metrics in Implementation Guidance
17.9and propose which ones should be prioritized. The set of prioritized
metrics isNOT limited to what is identified in 17.9 Task 4 – Identify any
other appropriate metrics and measures of success to helpin identifying the
necessary program elements and measuring program successafter the fact. In
identifying the suggested set of metrics, propose how data can becollected,
how metrics can be measured, who can collect the data, as well as
whatrepresents success. Task 5 – Consider, and to the extent feasible,
suggest how the “outreach,education, business case development, and
application evaluation” elements ofthe Applicant Support Program may be
impacted by the identified metrics andmeasures of success. For example,
based on the success metrics for Awarenessand Education, this may impact
the approach for performing outreach andeducation. To the extent feasible,
suggest an approach to outreach, education,business case development, and
application evaluation assistance.*

happy to answer further questions.

Best,

Rafik