[NCUC-DISCUSS] Urgent - Travel Opportunity for ICANN77 - Reply before 23:59 UTC Feb 12, 2023

Jean F. Quéralt JFQueralt at theiofoundation.org
Sat Feb 11 14:36:50 CET 2023

Dear all,

Expressing my interest to apply for the slot.

-     Name

Jean F. Queralt

> -     Contact information (e-mail)

JFQueralt at TheIOFoundation.org

> -     Short statement explaining why you would like to attend ICANN77
> representing the NCUC. Include a mention of which working groups or policy
> discussions you have been involved with and would like to be involved
> further. If you have not been involved in policy discussions, which policy
> discussion(s) will you become involved with? (please provide links to your
> mailing list contributions and your record of attendance in WG meetings).

Recently involved with ICANN since ICANN75 (where I attended in-person).
Slowly participating with NPOC and NCUC.
Member of the RPM IRT (initial stages)
Currently running a project on countering Internet fragmentation, which
will prompt closer participation with ICANN (as well as IETF and ITU).

Interested in emerging technologies/alternatives and their impact in DNS
(such as ENS and others). Exploring what could I help with SSAC.

All of the above is aligned with our current work at The IO Foundation.

> -     How much time, effort and work will you spend studying policy topics
> before, during and after the meeting? And are you willing to stay engaged
> or
> volunteer to mentor future NCSG members?

I am to dedicate aprox 4h/week on ICANN before and after the meeting.
During the meeting, well... that's why you attend.

And yes, happy to move into mentorship once I am qualified enough.

> -     Confirm that you are ready and attentive to all visa requirements and
> other documentation to attend, should you be accepted.

French passport with ESTA cleared up and valid until 01/30/2025.

Please feel free to request any additional information.

Best,
Jean F. Queralt
Founder & CEO - The IO Foundation <http://www.theiofoundation.org/>
Book a meeting <http://tiof.click/BookJFQ> (30 minutes)

--
**DISCLAIMER**
*The content of this message, which may contain personal or