[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Information] ICANN78 NCUC Outings Report

Hakikur Rahman email at hakik.org
Sat Dec 30 05:42:04 CET 2023

Pleased to read the ICANN78 NCUC Outings Updates. Thanks to Benjamin and also thanks to Kathy Kleiman and Milton Mueller for their support. Like to praise the support from the PIR to enhance the activities to strengthen ICANN’s multistakeholder governance structure.

Best regards,

Hakikur

​

---- On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 05:42:52 +0600 Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com> wrote ---

Dear NCUC members,

Good day and I hope your weekend is going well.

ICANN78 NCUC Outings Updates (Issue Forum & NCUC Anniversary)

ICANN78 was held successfully in Hamburg between October 20th - 27, 2023. Typical of NCUC we had our membership meeting and the NCUC Policy Issue forum, where we discussed the PICs and RVCs part 2. At our membership meeting, we addressed the concerns about members' capacity building and ways to bridge the gap. We also had a presentation from Oksana Pryhodko about the impact of conflicts on critical internet infrastructure.

The uniqueness of ICANN78 was the fact that it coincided with the 25th anniversary of ICANN. As NCUC we have many reasons to celebrate the fact that our constituency is still vibrant.

At ICANN78, the NCUC had a celebration and due to logistics reasons, we decided to hold the celebration in the venue, as we did not intend to lose our audience while walking to the restaurant for the food.

As a plan for logistics, we had to improvise to get snacks into the venue to meet the schedule. Additionally, we recruited a report-writing service to capture the meeting outcome (details of the expenditure would be provided to the finance committee and NCUC treasurer).

Many thanks to Kathy Kleiman and Milton Mueller for putting the session together and coordinating reputable panelists to grace the event.

It is of importance to note that NCUC got financial support from PIR to host this session. Our appreciation goes to the team at PIR for continuously supporting NCUC to advocate for the things we care about in ICANN’s multistakeholder governance structure.

The NCUC Policy issue forum and anniversary celebration had up to 30 participants physically in the room and almost equal number online.

See below some of the pictures from the session

https://www.flickr.com/photos/icann/albums/72177720312160656/with/53280871987

https://www.flickr.com/photos/icann/53285094979/in/album-72177720312192106/

Kind regards,

Benjamin