[NCUC-DISCUSS] Change of status

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Fri Nov 4 09:39:22 CET 2022

Hi Benjamin,

As I said, I consider message to this list sufficient for notifying
about the demise of the organization, and all Hakikur now needs
to do is to apply for membership as an individual.

For those interested in, let's say legalities:

Looking at NCUC Bylaws they mention contacting the NCUC Chair via
email (III C 2) and notifying the EC in writing (III D 2). The latter
concerns the resignation of an organization's official representative,
so it would seem to be appropriate here, too. But as it doesn't
specify how the EC should be contacted, and presumably the EC is on
this list, so in my opinion writing to this list can be considered to
satisfy the letter of the Bylaws, unless the NCUC EC decides otherwise.

NCSG Charter is similar, also stating that NCSG EC should be
contacted, without specifying how. Even though this is NCUC list and
not NCSG, in practice such messages sent here will reach NCSG EC as
well, as at least some NCSG EC members will be here, and again I'd
consider "contacting the NCSG EC" to be satisfied by any message that
reaches at least one of its members (who presumably would relay it to
the entire EC), unless the NCSG EC explicitly decides otherwise.

In either case it might be a good idea to make this explicit,
perhaps by having somewhere on the respective websites instructions
about who to contact in various situations, and how.

Best,

Tapani

On Fri, Nov 04, 2022 at 09:07:51AM +0200, Benjamin Akinmoyeje (benakin at gmail.com) wrote:

> Dear Tapani,
> Thank you for getting back to me.
> However, he already notified NCUC via the NCUC discussion list.
>
> Are there other ways to contact NCUC?
>
> Kind regards,
> Benjamin
>
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 3:56 PM Tapani Tarvainen <tapani.tarvainen at effi.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Hakikur,
> >
> > There's no mechanism for directly changing someone's status from an
> > organization's representative to an individual member.
> >
> > But it can of course be done simply by (re)applying for membership as
> > an individual via the form at
> >
> > https://members.ncsg.is/membership_application
> >
> > You might want to mention in the interest description box your
> > previous status as the organization's representative.
> >
> > Of course you should also notify NCUC and NCSG of the organization's
> > situation, but I think your message here is enough for that now - I
> > will take it to the NCSG EC as per your message here, presumably
> > Benjamin will take it to the NCUC EC if he thinks it's necessary
> > (maybe not, as removal from NCSG membership will automatically remove
> > it from NCUC membership as well).
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Tapani
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 6:52 AM Hakikur Rahman <email at hakik.org> wrote:
> >
> > > To whom it may concern:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I, Hakikur Rahman is a member of NCUC and representing SDNP Bangladesh.
> > > However, as the mentioned organization ceased to exist, I like to
> > continue
> > > as an individual member of NCUC representing my own domain. I appreciate
> > > the procedure to change the status. Thanking in advance.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Hakikur
> > > email at hakik.org

Tapani Tarvainen