[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Travel Support] NCUC's last CROP Call for FY 19 (travels to be completed until June 30th)

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 05:40:57 CEST 2019

Dear NCUC,

This is to inform you of one travel slot for our members to travel to
events and do outreach/inreach for NCUC through a program known as CROP
(Community Regional Outreach Program).

The final FY19 CROP guidelines are consistent with the other community
travel and outreach programs that the ICANN org administers. Accordingly,
the fundamental principle is that CROP funding is to be used for FY19
outreach efforts that are directly and demonstrably related to ongoing
ICANN policy, technical, and advisory activities, in accordance with the
new CROP guidelines and additional specific criteria.

The first two CROP slots received for the FY19 were used for ICANN64 and
ICANN65, respectively. Given that FY19 ends in June 30, our last CROP slot
will be focusing on regional events. Please bear in mind that in light of
this timeline selected applicants are expected to have returned to their
country of departure before June 30.

For those amongst you who are interested, we strongly recommend that you
consult the CROP guidelines
<https://community.icann.org/display/CROP19/CROP+Procedures+and+Guidelines>
and the NCUC Operating Procedures before applying. Important reminder is
that the slot should be used "for a meeting occurring in its region that is
assessed by the relevant regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE)
regional vice-president as being: (i) directly and demonstrably related to
ongoing ICANN policy, advisory or technical activities (e.g. a Regional
Internet Registry meeting), and (ii) is consistent with the ICANN
Organization’s outreach plan for that region".

In your application, please include the following information:

   -

   Name
   -

   State the departure and arrival dates/city.

(** MPORTANT: (a) we ask that all applicants try to leave and return to the
country of their original departure; and (b) Trips must originate and
conclude within the same region and must be taken by someone located in the
region where the meeting is taking place. No out-of-region travel will be
permitted.**)

   -

   Short statement explaining why you would like to attend this meeting
   representing NCUC and a short project/plan of engagement.
   -

   Give a short background on which working groups/policy discussions you
   currently participate or have participated.

Please be aware that the deadline for applications is 30th April 2019, and
the results will be announced shortly after. All interested members should send
their application to bruna.mrtns at gmail.com and maryam.bakoshi at icann.org.

For more information on FY19 CROP changes, please see here
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/fy19-community-regional-outreach-program-crop-ready-for-use-by-eligible-icann-communities>

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos
@boomartins