[NCUC-DISCUSS] Compilation of questions to CEO

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:09:19 CEST 2018

I think that's an excellent question to ask. But might I suggest that,
if we go with it, we phrase it a little less provocatively:

"Who came up with the advice that ICANN could obtain a moratorium on
enforcement of the GDPR? Was this ICANN legal, or external counsel?
And, if external counsel, can we be provided with a copy of the legal
memorandum that ICANN received?"

ICANN has already being widely criticized for the suggestion of a
moratorium, and were formally smacked down by the Article 29 working
group. I don't think we need to emphasize to Goran that it was a silly
idea: he must know by now, based on the response, that it was a silly
idea.