[NCUC-DISCUSS] IFF Update - Thank You

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Mar 8 12:09:07 CET 2018

Dear all,

On Monday the NCUC was present at the Internet Freedom Festival in Valencia, Spain where we introduced the delegates to the Domain Name System (DNS) and to the NCUC’s public interest-orientated contributions to DNS policy. [A brief summary of the session can be found within this collaborative pad](https://pad.internetfreedomfestival.org/p/76).

Many thanks to Cláudio Lucena for taking the floor with me and commenting so eloquently on the DNS issues that he tracks closely. I would also like to thank the other NCUC members who were in attendance, including Bonface, Eduardo, Mallory from Article 19, and Thomas, for finding the time to attend and to join in the conversation.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline

P.S. This is just an informal update; I will work on a more substantive outcome document to submit to ICANN org in order to meet the CROP post-trip reporting requirement.