[NCUC-DISCUSS] Resignation

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Thu Aug 30 16:02:35 CEST 2018

Hi Renata,

I have often said, family first and everything else thereafter. So good
that you recognize that you need to step back., i am sure it was not an
easy decision.

I am so grateful for your commitment to civil society and for the work you
have done for NCSG and ICANN.  During your time as Chair of NCUC, I feel
you have been open, fair, trustworthy, and supportive to NPOC, which helps
to strengthen the NCSG.  Being equitable is often overused, however, I
think you are one of the most equitable people I have met in the ICANN
space, always searching for ways to ensure inclusion.  Thank you for that
and for our time together in LA.

I wish you well and hope to see you at events in the near future.
Regards,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 3:27 PM Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear members,
>
> I am resigning as NCUC Chair.
> The EC will follow up with you on next steps.
> Once more, I am so very grateful for all the learning and the members who
> I have worked with over the years.
>
> Best of luck to the future

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Recipient of the United Nations Civil Society Award (WSIS 2004)

Recipient, Region of Durham Community Partnership Award

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit