[NCUC-DISCUSS] PIR Meeting

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 03:05:56 CEST 2017

Dear All,

I am going to the meeting of PIR advisory council, beginning of October.

One of the agenda items that I think NCUC would be interested in is their
takedown policy. If you remember, PIR wanted to come up with the Systematic
Alternative Dispute Resolution which would resolve copyright
related disputes through a third party. We opposed their plan and
especially asked them not to develop the policy any further.

I am not sure of the status of this policy but they asked how they can seek
public comment for the dispute resolution and we again responded that we
disagree with having such policy in the first place.

One more point that I want to emphasize during the meeting is that the
advisory council has to have more connection to PIR BOARD.

Another thing I'd like to make clear during the meeting is that the AC
should not be just window dressing and its mandate should be clear.

Anything else you would like me to discuss during the meeting at PIR?

Best

Farzaneh
--
Farzaneh