[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2017 NomCom cycle beginning

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Dec 17 11:12:02 CET 2016

Hi

The 2017 NomCom page has just gone live.  https://www.icann.org/nomcom2017 <https://www.icann.org/nomcom2017>

We are to fill ten positions in this cycle:

PTI Board of Directors: 2 positions

ICANN Board: 2 positions

ALAC: 3 positions (Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands; Africa; Latin American & Caribbean

GNSO Council: 2 positions (voting)

ccNSO Council: 1 position

Needless to say, we really need a solid and diverse crop of civil society applicants, especially for the Boards and GNSO. In light of last year’s cycle, I would expect strong female candidates for the ICANN Board to get an especially close look.

So a) if anyone here thinks they could be a fit for one of these positions, please poke around the above website, including the timeline (applications will open soon, TBD), and consider applying; and b) if you think you know someone else who could fit the bill, ask them to do the same.

In addition, as I’m on the outreach subcommittee, if you have any suggestions of meetings (especially before end of March) at which we could conduct some outreach to encourage good applications, please send me a note.

Report Card Page: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2017-report-cards-2016-12-16-en <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2017-report-cards-2016-12-16-en>

December Report Card:  https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/nomcom-report-card-16dec16-en.pdf <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/nomcom-report-card-16dec16-en.pdf>

Cheers

Bill