[NCUC-DISCUSS] Program Team for for NCUC's Regional Outreach Session at ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Apr 29 14:51:39 CEST 2015

Hello,

You may recall a brief discussion here on the list about the possibility of doing a Regional Outreach Session at ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires, similar to what we did last summer in London https://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/fri-civil-society-ig <https://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/fri-civil-society-ig> and in January in Washington DC http://www.ncuc.org/washington-dc-ncuc-meets-civil-society-to-discuss-current-issues-in-internet-governance/ <http://www.ncuc.org/washington-dc-ncuc-meets-civil-society-to-discuss-current-issues-in-internet-governance/>.  We are now proceeding to organize this.  JJ Sahel, the ICANN VP for stakeholder engagement in Europe (who’s sort of the lead liaison to civil society) will get us a room 16:00-18:00 Saturday June 20 with technical support (computer/screen/remote participation). This will be followed by a reception 18-19:30 for all CS @ ICANN and fellow travelers (and presumably others in search of free drinks).

About a dozen members and non-members from the region have been chatting to boot up the planning for this, and we’ve decided to establish a temporary Program Team with mail list for the purpose.  Like any of our teams, participation is open and encouraged by any interested members. Tapani has set this up at http://lists.ncuc.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pt53 <http://lists.ncuc.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pt53>. Maryam is the list owner and will handle subscription requests.  We’ll also get the group listed at http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/ <http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/> with a subscription link there.  I just sent a boot up message to the list, which can be read in the archive if anyone wants a bit more background.

Please feel free to participate.  People with civil society contacts in the LAC region could be particularly helpful.

Thanks

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer