[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Creating a New ICANN 5-Year Strategic Plan - Durban Monday 11:00 - 12:30

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Fri Jun 21 18:03:40 CEST 2013

I'd encourage members to participate (whether in person or remotely) or at least follow what happens with this initiative. I believe the use of professional facilitators was due at least in part to the discussion at the Beijing meeting on policy/implementation, where a number of community members suggested that this might help move discussions forward in a productive and effective way. This is a good opportunity for newer members to learn more about how ICANN may be evolving, and for more seasoned members to contribute based on their own experiences.

I'd like also to take this opportunity to let NCUC members know that I will no longer be an NCUC or NCSG participant at ICANN after this month, as I have recently accepted an offer from ICANN to join them as a Senior Policy Director primarily supporting GNSO projects. I'm pleased that this will allow me to continue to work with you - many of who have become great friends and advisors! - on ICANN issues. I've learned a lot in the past five years of my participation in this community, and look forward to staying in touch with everyone!

Thanks for some great times, see you all online or perhaps in Durban and at other ICANN events, and cheers,
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Faculty Chair, Global IP Partnerships
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAW
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mary.wong at law.unh.edu
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.php

[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Creating a New ICANN 5-Year Strategic Plan - Durban Monday 11:00 - 12:30

Begin forwarded message: