[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC election: meet the candidates?

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 13:19:17 CET 2013

+1. Hope we can make it happen. Maybe a Doodle should be started to see
with date/time the largest number of candidates would be available?
Marília

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Edward Morris <egmorris100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I think that's a great idea, if the candidates are willing and there is
> sufficient interest amongst our members to attend. I'm happy to do whatever
> is needed to make this happen if the interest is there,
>
> Best,
>
> Ed
>

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan
>>
>> I understand the dilemma, and can suggest a partial solution.  I’ve
>> checked with staff and if there is sufficient desire we could arrange a
>> meeting on Adobe Connect where members could ask the candidates some
>> questions and engage in a bit of discussion.  I would think this could be
>> particularly helpful with respect to the very competitive Asia Pacific
>> slot, but also for the others as well.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the timing is very bad at my end as I’ll be in London
>> Thursday-Saturday for the High Level Panel, traveling and busy Sunday,
>> Zurich Monday giving a final exam.  So basically, I could do this Wednesday
>> 11th (rather soon) Saturday 14th late afternoon from my hotel, or Tuesday
>> 17th (last minute).  Or you could do it without me some other time...
>>
>> Sorry about the constraints.  Would the candidates be interested and
>> available on any of those days?  Members?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> On Dec 8, 2013, at 9:02 PM, Dan Krimm <dan at musicunbound.com> wrote:
>>
>> > For the record, I voted last night (in lieu of other substantive
>> > participation, it's the least I can do).
>> >
>> > Just want to note that we have a very impressive field for Asia/Pacific
>> > this time around, wish all four could be elected (they do come from
>> > different regions within that expanse).
>> >
>> > I hope that the three that do not make it through this time around will
>> try
>> > again when another opportunity arises, and in the meantime will stay
>> > involved in other ways.
>> >
>> > Same sentiment for the two African candidates.  These were not easy or
>> > obvious choices.
>> >
>> > Dan

>> anything.

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu