Issues in this election

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Fri Sep 9 16:52:17 CEST 2011

Many people in this group know each other very well. Some of us (me)
know a few people here well. So in this election, once it becomes a
contest, I think we should perhaps talk about what the candidates bring
to the table. I think it's important that we make the best decision we
can out of the outstanding candidates we have to choose from.

For example, since this is the non-commercial constituency and the rest
of ICANN is commercial I think we need people who understand that just
because someone has a 501c3 IRS status or a .org domain name that
doesn't mean they are non-commercial. There are plenty of places for
commercial users to express their interests and the non-commercial side
is not one of them. So I'd like to see people who see the bright line
between commercial and non-commercial be the ones who get elected. I
personally feel that the voice of money is a threat to the future of
humanity and that someone has to speak for people. And that someone
would be us.