Political crisis impacts to the internet censorship (in Thailand)

Poomjit Sirawongprasert poomjit at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 23 18:33:54 CEST 2011

Dear all,

As I mentioned in the NCUC meeting about a apart of my task that is doing
the anti-censorship in Thailand.
Here is a piece of news by Andrew MacGregor Marshall who writes about the
crisis.
What I can say is that we almost had the internet blackout last year when
the govt decided to crackdown the protesters.
91 people were killed, and 2000 or more were injured.

Andrew MacGregor Marshall: Why I decided to jeopardise my career and publish
secrets
Thailand is sliding backwards into repression - one stark indication of this
is that just saying it is illegal
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/andrew-macgregor-marshall-why-i-decided-to-jeopardise-my-career-and-publish-secrets-2301363.html

To those who never heard of crisis in Thailand before, please google for
'redshirt' as the keyword.
BTW, we will have the national election on this coming 3rd. Tonight the
Prime Minister had given a speech
at the cracking down place - Rajprasong.  The tension is increasing. As the
govt completely controls
the mainstream media, people are using internet to communicate and share
opinion.
The expectation of internet censorship in Thailand raises again.

The Thais need lucks.

Moui

ภูมิจิต ศิระวงศ์ประเสริฐ (หมวย)
Poomjit Sirawongprasert (Moui)